Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Nouris Pure and Organic Beauty Oils.

natural beauty oil, organic beauty oil, fashionfake, nouris oil, beauty blog
natural beauty oil, organic beauty oil, fashionfake, nouris oil, beauty blog, rose hip oil
natural beauty oil, organic beauty oil, fashionfake, nouris oil, beauty blog, monoi oil
natural beauty oil, organic beauty oil, fashionfake, nouris oil, beauty blog, argan oil
natural beauty oil, organic beauty oil, fashionfake, nouris oil, beauty blog
from left: Rosehip Oil* £11.50 // Monoi Oil* £10.95 // Argan Oil* £10.49

A couple of weeks ago I got an opportunity to review these organic oils by a new company called Nouris, whom I haven't heard of before. As you know from my previous posts, I like beauty oils especially if they are organic and natural. I was really looking forward to reviewing these products as the argan and rosehip oil boast to be 100% pure and certified organic, great right? And with a n average price tag, this almost seems to goo to be true. 
I tested the oils for two weeks, and here are my final conclusions: 

Rosehip Oil: 
This oil is 100% pure and natural, and it comes from the warm Southern Chile where rosehip grows in the wild. The suppliers used by Nouris are totally ethical, and the product is IMO and NOP certified organic. The oil is cold pressed, filtered and packed under nitrogen conditions which ensures the freshness of the oil and it's ability to maintain nutrients for the skin. It is rich in essential fatty acids and natural anti-oxidants! 
Rosehip oil is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and scars as well as hydrating itchy and dry skin. I'm going to put something out there before I carry on - I don't like the smell. I thought the smell of rosehip oil might represent the scent of a rose somehow, don't ask me why I know it doesn't, but I found it smelled a little bit like dried fish food. Which to be fair lasted only a couple of seconds whilst I was rubbing it into my face where I have some acne scars and it faded almost immediately, so it;s not a big issue - but seriously don't expect it to smell good. Unless you like dried insects. The oil gently nourishes and moisturises the skin, I applied it before bed and also in the morning if I had a day off or on the weekends. It's definitely brightened up my skin tone, I won't judge it on the appearance of scars just yet as I think this will take a month or so to really show the results, but I'm also starting to use it on other places of my body where I have slight scarring or stretch marks (because believe it or not, most women will have a stretch mark or five at some point in their life). 
I rate this oil 7/10, mainly because I am yet to judge the effect of rose hip on scars and also the scent. 

Monoi Oil: 
I wasn't quite sure what monoi oil was so I had to look it up and here is what I found: the Nouris Monoi Oil comes from Tahiti and is produced by soaking fresh Tiare Tahiti flowers in oi extracted from coconut trees native to the South Pacific Islands. The oil is infused with frangipani flowers, which gives it the delicate floral aroma. The Nouris Monoi oil also has Appellation d'Origine which guarantees the quality and authenticity of this oil. 
This oil comes in the form of something resembling wax, so you have to run it under a hot tap or place in a bowl or warm water to get it to loosen up. It hydrates dry skin and is advised to be rubbed into the body. I loved using it as a hair treatment, once the oil is runny, rub a little amount into your scalp and hair and leave for about 30 minutes. Then rinse off and shampoo as usual! Something that sets this oil apart is the scent of frangipani - oh my dear heavens. I could sit and sniff this bottle for hours - please don't though, people might think you're strange. The frangipani scent is exactly as described: delicate, fragrant, floral with a hint of tropical fruits. This oil is brilliant to use if you're giving your SO a massage as you'll enjoy the scent as much as they enjoy the rubdown! And of course, the hydrating benefits of the oil will perk up the skin.
I rate this oil 9/10 because it smells like heaven. I took a mark away because I don't like messing about getting it to melt, but that's just because I'm impatient. 

Argan Oil:
Last but most definitely not least is this argan beauty. Produced in South West Morocco, this 100% pure argan oil is a gift to hair and eco lovers. It is Ecocert and AB certified organic, and the Argan seeds of the plant are pressed immediately after extraction to ensure freshness of the oil which is rich in Vitamin E, Omega 6 and natural anti-oxidants. 
Argan Oil boomed a couple of years ago and became all the rage in the beauty world, which has recently seemed to calm down. In my opinion that is mainly because high street retailers put the tiniest bit of Argan oil in their products and claim for it to be a miracle worker. I have used Argan oil products before and I have to say, at first I was impressed but then it was more like "Well, whats the difference between Argan Oil and the other hair oils available?!" Until this entered my life. I have not used it on my skin, which you can do especially if you want to nourish your hands and nails, but I save this for my unruly locks. I have had problems with dry hair ever since I ombre-d my ends and recently they've been looking worse for wear. I applied the Argain Oil as a harm mask and leave it in for a minimum of 30 minutes before washing my hair as usual. The results are stunning. I cannot event tell you how soft my hair is, even if I do this mask once a week. My boyfriend has noticed a massive difference in how soft all of my hair is, even the ombre-d ends which are looking even lighter! I can rave about this oil until the cows come home - I absolutely love it. I am a complete convert, but I don't want to be purchasing any of the high street alternatives thank you, I'm sticking to this pure formula which to me is a complete miracle product and a must have for anyone with hair.
I rate this oil 100/10 because it fixed my hair when I thought I was going to be forced into having it snipped off. Thank you, I love you.

Do you guys use beauty oils? Does it matter to you if products are organic, pure or natural? I'd love to know! 


2 comments:

  1. Argan Oil made massive difference to my hair! It's a must for everyone with dry hair or split ends :) xx
    A.
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete