Thursday, 13 March 2014

Vichy IDEALIA Life Serum review.




A couple of weeks ago, I was really nicely surprised by my Liam when he came back from a quick trip to the shops and picked me up a couple of Vichy skincare products - I think he's trying to tell me something about personal appearances... :) Seriously though, the boy knows how to pick products and I think I'm just going to ask him to pick out my skincare items for me from now on.
I have always been a fan of Vichy as I have found all the products which I have used from the brand works exactly as promised, and recently I've been having an absolute nightmare with my skin so I got really excited about trying out some new things which are meant to make it look and feel better. I'll start with this Idelia Life Serum which evens and illuminates the complexion and provides the look of well rested facial features - perfect for anyone who has late nights, or works in front of a screen. It promises to improve skin which is affected by daily problems such as: stress and tiredness; UV damage; pollution and smoke; and even skin affected by an unbalanced diet. Sounds brilliant, and what's even better is that you can use it on sensitive skin as it's hypoallergenic, paraben free and it contains Vichy Thermal Spa Water which is set to calm skin down.

This product is described by Vichy as an innovation: 11 years of research created the first skin serum with [LR 2412 + LHA] complex which promotes "good skin behaviour'. I did some research for you ladies as I have no idea what this complex is, but with big name brands such as Vichy, Lancome and L'Oreal raving about it I thought it must be good. So, LR 2412 is a molecule which mimics an acid used by plants (jasmonic acid) which helps the plan repair itself and helps it become more resistant to tissue damage. LHA on the other hand works quite similarly to salicylic acid, used in a number of products which help troubled skin such as acne by decreasing the concentration of bacteria from within the pores. It also has antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory purposes, again great for problem skin. So with a complex like this, the Vichy Idealia Life Serum is set to be a hit.

This serum can be used by itself or underneath your usual moisturiser which is what I do as I find then you only need a tiny bit of each and it helps the products last for longer! The serum itself is a shiny, pearly looking substance which spreads easily, sinks in and leaves skin feel soft and smooth but not greasy. The product promises immediate results, with a noticeable difference in 4 weeks, but I've only been using this product for around a week and a half and I already notice a big difference in my skin. From having quite a lot of breakouts (stress spots, grrrr....) and uneven skin, I've gone to having a brighter looking, smoother complexion. I am using this serum in together with the Vichy Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser and Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care which I definitely think contribute to the success of my skin, but the serum is something wonderful.

I would recommend investing in this beauty miracle because it's not just great for general care, but it's also great under makeup as it helps illuminate the skin and make it glow without being shiny. I've even switched to wearing a very low coverage foundation as I just feel like I don't need to cake my face when my skin is doing great!

What do you guys think? Do you have a miracle beauty product which you could rave on about? I'd love to know!


3 comments:

  1. I got a little sample of this and I absolutely loved the results! I might have to treat myself to the full size soon.

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is just what I was looking for! I have a very uneven skin tone. I tried Bioderma serum, but didn't work at all. I'm seriously considering getting this, it sounds great! :D Definitely a little pricey for me, but Birthday is coming up :D
    Hhaha, a man with such knowledge on skincare, suspicious! :D I have a feeling Liam was like "Lady, tell me what's the best you've got" and the cashier was like : "this!" and he was like "I'll take it" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this sounds great!! i'll definitely pick it up when i spot it in store!! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete