Tuesday, 8 April 2014

KLORANE Nettle Shampoo Review.

KLORANE Nettle Shampoo, beauty blog, shampoo for oily hair, KLORANE shampoo, eco friendly shampoo

KLORANE Nettle Shampoo, beauty blog, shampoo for oily hair, KLORANE shampoo, eco friendly shampoo

KLORANE Nettle Shampoo, beauty blog, shampoo for oily hair, KLORANE shampoo, eco friendly shampoo

A little while ago I was contacted to review a shampoo for oily hair which promised to decrease the amount of times you wash your hair in the week. Now, I wash my hair every two days, by which point it is already looking a bit bleugh and greasy. I try to leave it alone on weeks where I'm off work or lazy weekends, just so that my hair can have a break and use the natural oils to nourish itself. Naturally I was interested in this French product as I would LOVE to find a shampoo which helps me add at least another day onto my non-washing schedule and here it is: KLORANE Nettle Shampoo.

I have been testing this shampoo for a couple of months now so I am confident in my verdict and how it reacts with my hair. Here is what KLORANE say about their shampoo with extracts of nettle:

"The nettle is a European perennial plant belonging to the Urticaceae family. It is traditionally used as an astringent and reinvigorator. We selected Urtica dioica L. species because it is rich in scopoletine, a polycyclic compound that acts on the enzyme that regulates sebaceous secretions. It is cultivated in Eastern Europe using techniques that respect the surrounding ecosystem. The quality of the plants harvested is controlled according to KLORANE Phytofiliere specifications. The roots of the plant are collected and left to dry naturally in the sun. We then concentrate the active agent in the form of an extract, which is incorporated in KLORANE shampoo with nettle. This shampoo very gently and naturally controls oil, and prevents hair from becoming greasy too quickly. Hair is supple and light."
In short - nettle can help control the natural oils in your hair, and this brand is eco friendly.

KLORANE pride themselves on plant heritage and preservation, and even host workshops for children in partnerships with botanical gardens which is called "Discover the Plant". They also use only non endangered species of plants and ensure the eco system is balanced when cultivating the plants. A winner with any eco warrior or anyone who genuinely cares about the environment and takes care of our planet.

Now for the important stuff: did it work? Well, the shampoo itself is pleasant to use - it lathers nicely, has a fresh smell and is easy as well as quick to wash off. The first couple of times I used it, I didn't use a conditioner as I wanted to see what it does to my hair - the result was it left it quite dry but thats OK because it does say you can use your usual condition after the wash so that's what I did. After blow drying, my hair felt fresh and light, and I could even get away without washing my hair for that one extra day. It wasn't the miracle shampoo which will help you go 4 or even 5 days without washing your locks, but it's a more natural way of keeping clean and fresh rather than dry shampoo the last day.

Here's a few tips of how to keep your hair grease free for a little longer:

  • Try and not touch your hair i.e. swipe it from side to side or hold your fringe when looking down at a paper: the more you play with your hair, the more oils you will acquire and the greasier your hair will look;
  • Be light on the amount of products you use, as they will build up and although your hair will look fantastic the first day, after a good nights sleep you hair do will be no longer yet the grease will gather up;
  • Avoid straightening hair every day as the heat from the straighteners will produce more grease;
  • Give your hair a break: if you're on a week off, or having a lazy weekend, let your hair do it's own thing and have a natural break. Once you've washed it on Monday morning your hair will look and feel fantastic! 




1 comment:

  1. never heard of this shampoo before but great review!


    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/


    xx

    ReplyDelete