Saturday, 3 May 2014

Where have you been?



Hey everyone!

It's been quite a while since FashionFake has seen regular posts and activity, but there is all a reason behind it. When I first started blogging, I wanted to have a blog which concentrated predominantly on fashion - hence the name. I was inspired by Fashion Toast, The Blonde Salad and Fanny Lyckman, hoping my blog would be image based and just like theirs. Then I tapped into the beauty industry because I was reading so many amazing beauty blogs that the topic became everything I wanted to talk about, inspired by Essiebutton, Gh0stparties and Llymlrs. FashionFake eventually became a hybrid of the two topics, which was amazing because I had the diversity to talk about such a huge array of topics and the blog grew. I got very involved in the #fbloggers, #bbloggers and eventually #lbloggers chats and after speaking to so many of you I've discovered that there is room on my blog to include so much more, like for example food. I friggin' love food so much and some of the places I've been to/recipes I've tried recently have been incredible and I'd love to share it with you guys! But I felt very restricted in my topics, and after a while it just became unclear to me as to what I wanted to write about and what you guys would be interested to read about, and sometimes you've just got to take a creative break to plan and think about what it is that you really want, and what I really want is to have a fun, interesting and inspiring blog with beautiful images and more of my personality.

As well as taking this creative break, I've been mega busy with life behind the blog in all aspects of the sense: career, romance, FOOD.

I wanted to let everyone know that I'm finally back after what seems like ages, and regular posts will start again as of Monday 26th May and will have four feature categories: Fashion, Food, Travel and Beauty. These are the topics I'm passionate and interested in, and from the feedback I got over on Twitter you guys would love to see more lifestyle posts! The name of the blog will always remain to be FashionFake because everything in life is a trend: be it floral patters, kale smoothies, ombre hair or Venice. This blog will be my own, not an aspiration to be like somebody else's.

I hope everyone will grow to love the blog even more now there's a few added extras, and I'd love to hear what you guys think about this change so please, comment away!


7 comments:

  1. i love more lifestyle type posts! cant wait to see your travel blogs!! :) welcome back!
    xxxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking this about my own blog. I've been feeling a bit like I'm all over the place with it, but I guess we have to remember that it's out corner of the internet and we should be able to blog about what we like, whenever we like. This blogpost is something I definitely relate to though. I can't wait to read your upcoming posts, especially the travel and food ones! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading more of your posts - I love blogs that can incorporate different types of posts :) xx

    Kirsty at Just Like Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm seriously overjoyed right now! I've missed your blog so much! I love your posts, doesn't matter what kind of topic your write, they're always interesting! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Love the quality of your photos!


    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back!
    I have a new post everyday!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to read all these lovely comments! Thanks you all :)

    Lana, xo

    ReplyDelete